Year 2020 – Year of Rest or Year of Reflection and Revelations.

 

29th December 2020

Year 2020 – Year of Rest or Year of Reflection and Revelations.

Dear Fellow Travelers,

Namaste! Thanks for your responses to my last blog on the year 2020 by numbers. Today we are sharing another perspective on learning from 2020. 23rd March was an unexpected lockdown for many. Everything was standstill up to June 2020. For some, it was a time for Rest. For some, it was a time for Reflection and Revelations. For the most, it was a time of UNREST.

When standstill happen normally?

In case of medical emergency or accident when a person is not able to work – his life becomes standstill. He has to leave everything and get himself admitted to Hospital. The person who is not ready to leave his business or job for a minute, the person who is not ready to eat properly or sleep properly thanks to business or job pressure is forced to leave everything thanks to such incidents.  

This is a time for forced Rest. The year 2020 - Lockdown was such a time. Countries all over the world went on a lockdown. Compulsory rest can become a source of Unrest or Reflection and Revelations.

Let me share some of the Reflection or Revelation: -

1.   Life is unexpected and anything can happen at any time.

2.   Money in the Hand becomes the major source of peace of mind in forced REST time.

3.   Loan Instalments becomes the source of Mental agony and stress.

4.   There is something called Family life and it is also beautiful and worth spending time with your near and dear. Many realize during the lockdown.

5.   Your impulsive splurge on a luxury items can become the source of pain in such a time.

6.   Planning in good time leads to Relax Mind in the time of Forced Rest.

7.   Proper Insurance and Paper filings become a major source of peace of mind of family members when you are in trouble.

8.   You value the importance of your sharing with your wife or spouse during normal time. Now you are in hospital – can’t speak!!

9.   All your illiquid investments become a source of mental stress. Many investors in Antiques and Paintings could not sell anything in lockdown as the market was lacking liquidity.

These are some of the Reflection, Revelations, or Realisation.

What about people who believe in LIVE LIFE KINGSIZE?

I have seen a tendency or impatience in the current generations. They want something and they want it NOW. So, rather than earning money for those items – they go for loan installments. They appear confident and passionate while splurging money. But in the lockdown – they all were forced to sell those things at 50% of the price or sell something which was of value to pay for the installments of those items. For them, REST time became the time of UNREST.

I am a Buffett disciple in words and deeds. I believe in paying 100% when I invest or buy something. I am ready to wait to earn that money. I am ready to listen that I don’t have money or I am not able to enjoy myself like others. But it keeps my mind in BALANCE and my Blood Pressure in control. I don’t avoid anybody’s call or I don’t waste my time giving nonsense reasons or tell stories for missed calls. My REST time is a time of REST only. I can use that time to learn new skills or spend time with family with 100% peace of mind.

Year 2021 is going to start Now. Make your choice for REST time.

If you are not consciously planning for your REST time, you are unconsciously allowing UNREST in your life. The best way to plan for your REST time is Investments. If you like our Track Record – approach us.  

Have a Great 2021.

Follow me on Twitter @hiteshmparikh / WhatsApp – +91-9869425399.

 

Live With Passion…Invest With Passion.

 

Hitesh Parikh

Comments