How Independent You Are?

August 15, 2013

How Independent You Are?

Greetings from Hitesh! I have received couple of messages today morning wishing me Happy Independence Day!! It did not click me immediately but little while after , my mind went on to a voyage of thoughts…..How independent I am? Can I really become Independent? What are the qualities of Independent person? Suddenly I remembered a famous story of Prophet Muhammad (popularly known as Mumammad Paigambar)

How Independent I am?

Once a man went to Prophet and asked him, “How Independent I am?”

Knowing that the guy is illiterate and would not understand heavy philosophy, Prophet asked him to lift his leg. The man immediately lifted his right leg. Now Prophet said, lift the left one also!! The guy started looking at him……he said…..if I lift left leg, I will fall down. I can not lift it as long as my right leg is up.

In short, once you take one action, you are bound by the reaction, 
repercussions and results of the same.

Does it mean if you do not take action, you can remain Independent?

In Gita, it has been said…..you can not remain without action for a moment also. Inaction is also an action! So, by not doing anything also you can not become independent!!

So, What is A Way Out?

In Gita, it has been said….. “Yoga Karma Su-Kaushalam”. You have two ways…….become expert in your area of work and increase your expertise on a daily basis. The second is become like lotus in the water…..it grows in the water, it remains in the water and still it remains untouched by the water!!


When you continuously go on developing your expertise……at some point you may achieve the attitude of Lotus.

Now, you may say….“We do not have the basic understanding of becoming a successful investor and we do not have the time also.”

You are 100% right. You do not become a farmer in order to eat foods….you just buy it. Same way you can outsource the expertise from the real investors. You just need to take an action based on their suggestions. This way you can increase your expertise also and remain aloof to the market like a lotus in the water.

What Next?

Keep walking….keep running……lift one leg after the other and take support on the previous one. Go on doing the same……and you will reach your destination.

We are walking towards the independence…..if our way of thinking, our expertise touches your heart…..you are welcome to outsource our ideas for investments.

Do write to us, if independence is first priority in your life.

Have a Great Independence Day.
You can follow me @hiteshmparikh on twitter.
Live With Passion…Invest With Passion.

Hitesh Parikh.



Comments